Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Texas Egg Rolls

When Baking Nana shared her recipe for Texas Egg Rolls http://allrecipes.com/PersonalRecipe/62300152/Texas-Egg-Rolls/Detail.aspx I got excited. My kind of recipe, few ingredients, fast to prepare. After visiting three stores requesting wonton wrappers with no success, I determined if I was EVER going to get me a Texas Egg Roll, I would have to make my own wonton wrappers. So, using the Wonton Wrappers recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Wonton-Wrappers/Detail.aspx I set out to do just that! I read all the reviews, and have been making my own tortillas for four months, whole wheat, flour and corn. I mixed up the wonton dough
and let it "rest" under a damp towel, while I prepared the peppers, cheese and a crab mixture for Hannah.
Jack cheese cut in strips
Then I rolled the wrappers out in a little bit of corn meal
To this size
Then placed the peppers and cheese on it
And rolled it up.
Rollin, rollin, rollin. . .
Here they are just before the oven. I lightly sprayed them with oil.
And here they are after they were baked.
Texas Egg Roll                                                              Cheesy Crab Egg Roll
Holy Guacamole these were good !!
I hope this means Spring is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment